Skip To Main Content

You Are Here:

News

Friday, April 19, 2024
Milded

Windgate Gallery debuts new exhibit

June 19, 2017

A new art exhibit by UA - Pulaski Tech visual arts instructor Kimberly Kwee is on display through Aug. 6 in the Windgate Gallery, inside the college’s Center for Humanities and Arts on the Main Campus.

The exhibit titled “Start Pretending” is a collection of about two dozen drawings that Kwee describes as works “pretending to be paintings and sculptures.”

“I have never made traditional paintings or sculpture,” Kwee said. “I used this body of work to mark time in my life. This is everything that came before I had my daughter. Some of the titles in this show are direct messages to remind myself of that period in my life. Each piece you see here now may become something else entirely the next time I get my hands on it, and that will mark a new point in my life.”

For her work, Kwee uses a variety of media – pastel, charcoal, ink, plastic, graphite, fabric, thread, and pins on wood.

Kwee is a Little Rock native. She earned an MFA in Painting and Sculpture from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana and has been teaching drawing and design courses at UA–PTC since 2010.
Back to Newsroom

Other News You Might Like