Academic Program Assessment
It is the goal of the UA-PTC Student Learning Assessment Team to promote successful and positive assessment practices throughout the campus. Through the assessment process faculty are committed to analyzing the success of our institution in areas such as student learning, program effectiveness, faculty efficacy, and national standards. UA-PTC believes that the continuous, organized and in-depth exploration of teaching and learning leads our institution to university-wide improvements and also recognizes our successful practices.
Duties of the Assessment Coordinator
1. Conduct PD’s campus-wide related to assessment which include:
a. Promoting the importance of assessment in student learning.
b. Demonstrating effective assessment within a variety of departments.
c. Inform faculty and administration about current assessment theory, practices and activities.
d. Lead training in Nuventive navigation.
2. Advocate for resources related to assessment for departments and schools.
3. Review annual assessment reports and provide feedback to departments, schools and programs.
4. Complete Annual report on General Education learning outcomes in concert with the General Education Curriculum and Alliances Committee.
Duties of the Team Leads
1. Conduct PD’s in designated school related to assessment which include:
a. Evaluation of goals and student learning outcomes
b. Documentation within Nuventive
c. Assessment cycles
d. Collaboration within the department
e. Analyzing results
2. Serve as Assessment Team Liaison for departments and programs in your school.
3. Assist in assessing the appropriateness and measurability of current objectives and student learning outcomes.
4. Assist in the development, coordination and documentation of assessment plans and schedules.
5. Assist in identifying assessment tools for departments and programs in your school.
6. Provide peer review to other members of the Assessment Team.
7. Attend and participate in scheduled Assessment Team meetings.