March 12 - COVID-19 and UA - Pulaski Tech
March 10 - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
March 9 - COVID-19: Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do not call Company Nurse (UA-PTC’s company nurse is for workers comp claims only). Company Nurse is only to be called once the employee has been tested and positive confirmation from CDC for COVID-19.
2. Employee should call the UAMS Help Hotline at (800) 632-4502 to be triaged or have questions regarding COVID-19.
3. Employee should call the Health Department Hotline at (800) 803-7847 if they have been exposed or having symptoms.
4. If an employee is having symptoms, there are three ways to be screened. Per UAMS: Do not come to UAMS or any other doctor’s office, urgent care clinic or emergency room without first calling and getting instructions. If someone needs urgent medical care and could have been exposed to COVID-19, tell the operator when you call 9-1-1.
5. Company Nurse is only to be called once the employee has been tested and a positive confirmation from CDC for COVID-19. The employee will be referred by Company Nurse to seek medical attention at that time.
Public Employee Claims division follows the Arkansas statutory requirements for workers’ compensation which the legislature created. Arkansas Code § 11-9-601(e)(2),(3) provide the following:
(2) No compensation shall be payable for any contagious or infectious disease unless contracted in the course of employment in or immediate connection with a hospital or sanitorium in which persons suffering from that disease are cared for or treated.
(3) No compensation shall be payable for any ordinary disease of life to which the general public is exposed.