1. What is the maximum number of hours a part-time extra help employee may work?
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College part-time extra help employees may work 1450 hours per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
2. May I change health insurance coverage at any time during the year?
Employee may request to change health insurance coverage due to a qualifying event (i.e. marriage, divorce or death of a spouse) or during open enrollment in November.
3. Can an employee transferring from a public school district receive credit for benefits such as salary and accrued leave time?
No. A public school employee transferring to a two year college can transfer sick leave not to exceed ninety (90) days. “ Employees of a school district, an educational cooperative, a state education agency, or a two year college who leave the school district, educational cooperative, state education agency, or two year college and accept employment in another school district, an educational cooperative, a state education agency, or a two year college shall be granted credit by the new school district, education cooperative, state education agency, or two year college for any unused sick leave accumulated by the employee while employed by the former employer, but not to exceed a maximum of ninety (90) days…The provisions of this section shall apply to employment with another school district, educational cooperative, state education agency, or two year college on or after July 1, 1997.” (Arkansas Code 6-17-1206)
4. How do I apply for a position vacancy at University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College?
Instructions on how to apply for a position, current job vacancy announcements and employment applications are available by clicking here.
5. Am I permitted as a University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College employee to work for another state supported institution of higher education or state agency?
Employees who concurrently work for more than one state supported institution of higher education or state agency must obtain permission from the primary employer and the state Department of Finance and Administration if the requirements are met.
6. Can an employee of Pulaski Technical College apply for a retirement plan loan?
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College employees who are enrolled in the Alternate Retirement Plan may be authorized by the College to take a loan secured by their retirement plan accumulations, under the following conditions:
Loans will be authorized only if the company arranges for direct repayment of the loan to the company. The College will not participate in collecting loan payments.
Operating Policy Number: 2.63
Date Adopted: 7/93
Date Revised: 4/0