Skip To Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Saturday, November 18, 2017

1. Am I eligible?

Any currently enrolled University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College student is eligible to receive counseling services at no charge.

2. How do I make an appointment? 

You can either call the counseling department (501) 812-2738 or visit the counseling offices.

3. What are counseling services?

There may be several reasons for meeting with a counselor. Usually it is to get assistance in dealing with a difficult or stressful life situation. This assistance may include talking it over, learning new coping skills, or getting a referral to another professional or agency that specializes in the area of need. You may be seeking this service for yourself or you may have been referred by a doctor, instructor, or friend.

4. Are the services confidential?

It is important that you feel comfortable talking to the counselor about your situation. As a general rule, the information shared with a counselor is private and confidential and cannot be shared without your written consent. Exceptions occur when the law and professional code of ethics requires that information be shared with the proper authorities.

5. How to get the most out of your counseling experience:

counseling experience chart