Participation Requirements for Concurrent Students
1. Students must have completed the eighth grade and be enrolled in an accredited public or private secondary school or home school.
2. Students must apply for admission to UA PTC, provide Accuplacer, COMPASS or ACT test scores, and meet the minimum reading score for admission*. Students taking general education or ACTS courses must have a cumulative high school GPA of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and meet the score requirements outlined below. Students taking technical courses must have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and meet the minimum reading score for admissions (and any other prerequisite requirements listed in the course catalog.
3. To be eligible to enroll in Arkansas Course Transfer (ACTS) courses, students must meet the following minimum ACT scores or COMPASS scores.
|Course||ACT Score Requirements||COMPASS Score Requirements||Accuplacer Score Requirements|
|ENGL 1311 English Composition||English 19 and Reading 19||Writing 80 and Reading 83||83 on Sentence Skills and 78 Reading|
|MATH 1302 College Algebra||Math 21 and Reading 19||Math 50 and Reading 83||Elementary Algebra 100 and 78 Reading|
|All Other ACTS Courses||Reading 19||Reading 83||Reading 78|
|Most Technical Courses||Reading 13||Reading 62||Reading 55|
4. Students must meet any other course prerequisite requirements.
5. Students cannot take developmental (remedial) courses.
6. Students must be classified as non-degree/non-certificate seeking and are not eligible for financial aid.
7. Your high school counselor, principal, designee, or superintendent must approve the specific courses and the number of hours of enrollment for concurrently enrolled students each semester by signing the Early College Enrollment and Policy Form. Students and guardians must sign the Early College Enrollment and Policy Form each semester of enrollment.
8. Students are responsible for any payment required and for purchasing textbooks (unless provided by your high school).
9. A high school student enrolled in a UA PTC course is considered a college/UA PTC student.
IMPORTANT: All grades you receive for college courses at UA Pulaski Technical College will be posted to your official UA Pulaski Technical College transcript.
*the minimum reading score for admission is a 13 on the reading section of the ACT, 55 on the reading section of the Accuplacer, or a 62 on the reading section of the COMPASS.